Sunday, November 9, 2014

Blog Entry #8: Process

As we're approaching towards the end of the semester, I hadn't the slightest thought about how difficult it would be especially in this English course. This final paper has me all kinds of troubled, for a semi-easy topic, writing it became difficult, and if this somehow relates to you, then I figured some tips/techniques that have helped me stay a little more focused and become more creative in my writing. Here are my top 3 strategies that I think have helped me out the most with this process.

TV - As I went along with the essay i had realized that after sitting on my desk for 5 hours in a row i only had about a page of information, this is when I decided to take a break and watch TV I know its stupid to go from one screen for 5 hours and go stare at another for 5 more hours, but trust me, it's all about taking a break.

Relax- This one speaks for itself. Relaxing to me means going out to eat with my friends or family, or go and explore the nearby ice-cream shops, even watching Netflix, as long as I don't have any sign of essay in my mind then I am at peace, therefore I am relaxed.

This last one might be a little more difficult to do, but if you can do it then go for it. This one is called a break, but if you have to balance school and work, then you might not get to enjoy this fully. Taking a break is literally, taking a break. A day without worrying about the paper, instead just think of some ideas that could make your paper a slight more interesting and add it onto your paper the next day. (I ususally take breaks on my days off of work)

These are the top 3 strategies that I use in order for me to stay focused and help me write a better paper. I hope that at least one of these ideas can help some of you out!

1 comment: